Who Can Apply?
All suitably qualified teachers are welcome to apply for these positions. Examiners will be selected on the basis of their teaching and assessment experience and qualifications. Full training is provided and a supported network is available throughout the marking process.
Applicants for the position must:
- Hold a third level degree or equivalent
- Have recent teaching experience in the relevant subject area or related subject
- Have good organisation and analytical skills
- Be able to work to a fixed time-scale
- Be available to work full-time for the duration of the marking
- Be resident in the Republic of Ireland during the marking period.
Why Become An Examiner?
Being an examiner enables you to:
- Enhance your own teaching
- Gain a deeper understanding of the assessment process
- Exercise your professional judgement
- Network with other professionals
- Increase your professional development* and career prospects
- Earn extra income
*The Teaching Council has confirmed that, including the 2019 examinations, recent and ongoing engagement by teachers (as facilitators of, or participants in, workshops, courses, conferences, etc.) in preparation for State Examination work, and the practice of examination work itself, are recognised in Cosán, the national framework for teachers’ learning, as valid examples of professional learning under a number of headings including:
- Courses, programmes, workshops and other events
- Reading and professional contributions
- Collaboration and Practice